Joyce ‘n’ Fun is looking for 4 EVS volunteers for a 12 month (or less, depending on your availability) project with children in the Island of Skiathos, Greece which will start after February 2017. The hosting organization is Joyce ‘n’ Fun (https://www.facebook.com/joycenfun1/).
Deadline for applying: 25th September 2016.
How to apply:
The interested applicants should send their CV and motivation letter to [email protected] and to [email protected] , and in the subject of the email they will write “EVS at Joyce ‘n’ Fun ” and put their name and surname. In the body of the email, they will indicate in order of priority, the role they would like to have, as we are looking for 5 different profiles of volunteers.
ΕVS project in the island of Skiathos, Greece
In the beautiful island of Skiathos, a group of young people from all over Europe are gathering to make the island a better place both for children and adults. The volunteers’ main gathering place is our play lounge where they will be playing with children and will help them discover their own culture. In cooperation with the local schools and sport clubs, volunteers will have the opportunity to organize and participate in, workshops and activities for children, teenagers and adults, while promoting the protection of nature, intercultural-ism, solidarity and healthy living. Vegan cooking, yoga and meditation workshops will also be organized.
Volunteers will be working 5 hours per day, 5 days per week, but can participate in various activities (movie nights, board games, swimming, etc.) for free during their free time. Every volunteer has his own specialty and will be mentored and helped to develop the skills needed for every task.
For the 12 month project, which will start after February 2017, we need:
– A French speaking young woman (Belgian will be preferred) from 18 to 30 who will participate in activities and crafts for children from 6 to 10 years old and will give them the opportunity to discover French by immersion.
– A young woman from any nationality from 18 to 30 who will participate in activities and crafts for children from 6 to 10 years old.
– A yoga and meditation teacher from 22 to 30 who will organize workshops for children, adults and for the volunteers. The ideal candidate loves team work and can live in a community respecting everyone’s particularities.
– A vegan cook from 18 to 30 who will cook for the volunteers and organize workshops for children and adults. A good level of English is not a must, but would be preferred. No previous professional experience needed.
– After April 2017, a graphic designer who will help children and teenagers to build their own website in which they will present their activities and achievements. He will also take pictures of the activities and events and will be part of the team in charge of the website of the organization.
Regardless of the specific profile, we are looking for polite, motivated, patient, creative and autonomous volunteers, who love being in contact with children. Indeed, all volunteers will participate in activities and crafts for children from 1 to 10 years old, and will be required to keep an eye on them at the play lounge. Moreover, they will be eager to do their share of dish washing and house cleaning. The food at home will be vegan. We expect our volunteers, vegan or not, to be open-minded and tolerant towards one another.
Training during the project:
All the volunteers will have the opportunity to learn and improve their skills with the help of their mentor, the local community and each other. Greek and French language courses are available.
Accommodation, food and transport:
Volunteers will live in a big apartment with 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a big kitchen, a huge living room, one balcony and a garden with fruit trees. They will be provided with a food allowance once per week and will arrange the weekly menu together. The 3 female volunteers will share a big bedroom. The male volunteer will stay in another big bedroom with a man. There will be a total of 7 persons in the house. Volunteers will be allowed to invite friends and/or family to visit them and stay on the 3 couches on the living room, always after discussing it with the other volunteers.
The island is small and everything in the town is easily accessible by foot but there are also two bikes available. There is a bus going all around the island all year long (every twenty minutes in the summer, less frequently in the winter), volunteers have a monthly allowance to take the bus or the manager’s van to go and explore the island.
Looking forward to receiving your motivated volunteers’ application.
Disclaimer: The cross posting of Links to external websites,ads or services is provided solely for visitors’ convenience and should not be interpreted as an endorsement. When you communicate with a third party or access an external website, keep in mind that Drifter’s Guide has no control over its content and cannot be held liable for any complaints or dissatisfaction with the services offered by others, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.