Looking for travel opportunities for your vacations?
Seeking a job abroad?
On a budget?
Need to add a meaningful experience and community service to your Resume?
Want to learn Spanish? To dance merengue, bachata, salsa?
Love working with kids?
Love the beach?
Interested in visiting the sunny, musical Dominican Republic?
Then consider a position as a volunteer or intern at “Aprendien2,” an education center and bilingual school located in Bavaro, a city in the world-famous Punta Cana area on the east coast of the Dominican Republic. (http://puntacanabavaro.com) Find us on Facebook: Aprendien2 Education Center – Website under construction (www.aprendien2center.wordpress.com )
We are a small school comprised of 20-30 students and 7 staff. We are looking for enthusiastic education advocates to participate in our daycare, Primary school, after-school program and/or Summer School.
Opportunities range from:
1. from February 2015 (or asap) – June 2015
a) working at our daycare, pre-school, kindergarten or in the Primary school (grades 1-5) from 7:30am-1pm
b) participating in our after school community center programs (teaching English, doing games and activities with the children, tutoring) from 1pm-6:30pm
c) if you have any suggestions or want to do a personal project, please let us know in your email and we will try to accommodate it. We are looking for creative leaders!
2. from June/July 2015- August 2015
a) leading our Summer Camp teaching games, sports, arts and crafts.
b) if you have any suggestions or want to do a personal project, please let us know in your email and we will try to accommodate it. We are looking for creative leaders!
3. starting anytime after February 2015 (flexible dates)
a) we are actively seeking professionals in education to help manage the school, after school programs, the language institute, or to teach any grade. This job can be full or part time. Pay is possible based on commitment and experience.
Why volunteer abroad?
* to learn about and experience new culture and language
* make connections and friendships with an international group
* learn and develop new skills in the Education field and beyond
* unique memories from an Afro- Caribbean paradise
* build your resume/CV
* “to be the change you wish to see in the world”
Why Volunteer with Apprendien2?
* superb location: small town atmosphere with lots of activities to do; several amazing beaches walking distance from School, big nightlife, but one of the safest places in the D.R.
* small, community run-school where you work alongside the Directors
*24 hour local emergency support
*support and assistance on-site during work-hours
*access to project materials
Who should volunteer?
Volunteers must be over the age of 18. Volunteers should be adventurous, energetic, creative, responsible and enjoy working with youth. They should be open to experiencing and becoming a part of a new culture. Past experience working in school/camp settings and Spanish language skills are an advantage but not essential.
What is included?
*Lodging: a shared apartment with other volunteers or a room in a typical Dominican home; hotel room may be available for a fee
*3 meals a day as requested
*24 hour on-call emergency support
* local support on and off project
* airport pick-up and drop-off
* orientation day upon arrival with all staff
* school t-shirt
What is not included?
What are the costs/fees?
Fees depend upon length of stay. Financial assistance is available as needed; we are very flexible in order to accommodate your needs and even wave the fees making you only responsible for airfare and insurance.
Are there paid positions?
Paid positions can be available based on length of stay and dedication to our project.
See pictures on our FB: Aprendien2 Education Center
Please send your C.V. and a short letter of interest to email@example.com